Monday, March 12, 2012

What does it take to become a flight attendant for southwest?

I've been flying UM since I was 7 years old[now 17], and I can honestly say I LOVE flying[besides the ear ringing torture during landing]. I know this is what I want to do, I plan on going to a 2 year college and learning spanish, and yes I already have customer service experience, from Joe's Crab Shack; Who also has the same comedic attitude as Southwest. Any flight attendants who can tell about flying with Southwest and how I can up my chances of getting the interview and most of all...hired!What does it take to become a flight attendant for southwest?
The first thing you should do is check their website in the careers section, but unfortunately Southwest RARELY hires from the streets for flight attendants. More than 90% of their flight attendants come from the frontlines in other departments. I would suggest trying to just get hired on with Southwest first! They are HUGE when it comes to promoting from within. Gate agents and ramp agents are the easiest ways to get your feet in their doors. Only when no-one else wants a position internally do they post them online.



In 2007, they were among the top five HARDEST companies to get hired on with in the US. They are very selective, but I think Joe's can help you out a bit. Also on their website, go to "contact us" and try to get hold of a recruiter. They have hundreds of resumes stacked up already for inflight, but all it takes is getting noticed by the right person! Good luck!What does it take to become a flight attendant for southwest?
I would recommend applying for a ramp agent or gate agent first, for you will have a better chance to become a flight attendant later on. Southwest offers in flight crew opportunities to their current employees before they do to the public.

Apply for a different position first, and then request to become a flight attendant about a year later.

No comments:

Post a Comment