Friday, March 9, 2012

Is this alright...??

Lastnight my fiancee wanted to take me out to eat and suggested we go to Joe's crab Shack but I was a little hesitant at first since I know pregnant women shouldn't eat much seafood,especially if it's raw/uncooked. So I decided we could go 'cause I knew I wasn't gonna eat anything that wasn't thoroughly cooked. Well lastnight I ate about 12 pieces of medium sized shrimp that were steamed then chilled and 3 crab legs which were also steamed then I called it quits. Now i'm scared that I may have eaten too much of it... Do you think that I ate too much of it to where it would do harm to my baby? I'm 16 weeks 1 day pregnant..Felt flutters a little while ago but still worried...This is my first pregnancy.Thanks..

(Please no rude or immature comments!!)Is this alright...??
your fine....your just not supposed to eat CERTAIN fish..like shark, tuna, and others that contain a lot of mercury. I like tuna and I ate it but I think only like three or four times throughout my whole pregnancy. So don't worry about it. He/she is probably fluttering around because it was such good food.. :o)
I can understand how you could be concerned since this is your first pregnancy. Congratulations to you and I love that you are taking care of yourself for the sake of your unborn baby. :-) I don't think you ate too much seafood last night. You don't eat seafood that often and the seafood was steamed (cooked). I think you are fine! Try not to worry too much and enjoy this time. It's very special. Again congratulations!Is this alright...??
Eating seafood once in a while will not hurt your baby however if you eat it constantly it could hurt the baby because of the mercury in it, just eat it every so often and don't worry about how much you consume. Everything is fine, relax and don't stress.
Honestly I never heard of not being allowed to eat seafood while preg. I know kids aren't supposed to until they r like 2-3 yrs cause they might have a sever reaction, but not preg. Try not to worry about it and if that doesn't help call and ask your OB
Okay, staying calm here...... you are fine.... don't eat like that everyday all day please but again you are fine, pointe finale!

You are really worry too much, if you were that worried but your foot down and actually eat where you want to eat next time.
Fish is good for you when you're pregnant.

Just not sushi- or any raw fish.

Or fish high in mercury



But I know shrimp is very good for you.

You need the extra iron in fish.
I love seafood! I'm 12 weeks preggo and I've also had shrimp and such, don't worry about. Just try not to have large uncooked amount of fish. Congrats!
Well, my doctor said I could get a couple POUNDS of seaood a week, as long as I didn't go overboard!

No comments:

Post a Comment