Monday, March 12, 2012

Is my boyfriend being selfish..or am i not seeing things right?

everytime he wants me to try something new and step outside my box, i do it for him so we could experiecne it together and i could learn something new.. i went to a spurs basketball game with him and i HATE basketball..ive seen horror and adventure movies with him and i dont like those. but wen it comes time for him to do something for me, he always says no. my bestfriends been wanting my bf and i to party with her in austin. but he doesnt wanna go..shes been here a couple times before to party with us..and i wanted to eat at joes crab shack.he doesnt like it but ive never eaten there before and i wanted to go but he got mad and said no he wasnt gonna go.. WTH? i think he's being selfish but im not 100% sure...he doesnt wanna try anything new with me if he's getting anything out of it..someetimes even in the bedroom..which once again i am willing to try new things HE wants toIs my boyfriend being selfish..or am i not seeing things right?
I think he's being very selfish expecting you to sacrifice for him yet he doesn't return the favor. The next time he wants you to do something you'd rather not, tell him only if in return he'll take you to the crabhouse or ur friend in Austin. If he says no then you not only say no to what he wants you to do but also say that you need to reconsider your relationship because it's not fun being with someone who makes no sacrifices or returns the favor. If he's like that in bed too then you should really consider leaving him, I can't stand selfish guys you'll never be happy and they rarely change but give it a try and see if he's willing to.
.i had that situation as well before. can't really tell if he's selfish but remember that whatever you're doing for him, you're doing it because you want to, and don't expect anything. it's just fair to wish for something in return, but it would feel better if he does things voluntarily.

.uhm, just a suggestion, try to "not care" sometime, show him that you ignore for once, see his reaction and try to reflect again. ;)Is my boyfriend being selfish..or am i not seeing things right?
You should be concerned. This type of behaviour in you relationship is a hassle and can lead to fights.

He's being absolutely selfish. I think he should listen to you for once!

Talk to him about say. Ask him, "I'm always doing things for you like going to the bb game even though I hate bb and watching horror movies with you even though I don't like it. Why must it always be your way? It's selfish"

Don't spit it out, just kind of stiffly talk to him about it. Hopefully, he changes
yes be worried he seems to be pretty self centered. be honest with him. tell hem no better yet let him read what you wrote on here. if he reacts in a good way such as i didnt know i was like that sorry. than all is good. if he gets mad and says ur wrong theres a problem!
try to talk to him, and tell him how you feel. say that you really want to try new things just like him.



i hope i helped out a bit.



please answer mine. :D



http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index;鈥?/a>
Relationships are supposed to be 2 ways. Not one. Talk to him about it. After 3 years he should be willing to hear you out.
Maybe you should tell him that.Maybe he will realize hes being a jerk.
your in the wrong
you're asking this 3 years later? I think you know the answer to this!
I'm surprised that you would doubt yourself enough to ask if YOU are "not seeing things right". From what you've described, you have a VERY lopsided relationship--"new things" are only for YOU to try, not for HIM to try.



[ Does this ALSO go for "in the bedroom"? I bet it does. ]



The next time he asks you to do sthg new, etc., just tell him no and when he says that YOU are being unreasonable, just want to stay in your comfort zone and box, etc., you stop him and refresh his memory about YOUR willing to do new things and HIS track record. And that you won't be doing any of his ideas for you until he has evened up the score a bit (don't settle for 1 or 2; make him do like 10 or so before you even consider a new idea that you just don't want to do).



Start w/Austin and Joe's.



Best of luck, but the guy is a selfish guy, now. :-(
You see, with my gf, I am willing to do things for her and she is willing to do things for me. I think its pretty obvious from what you've said. He sounds selfish in your relationship and only wants to do things or be around you to benefit him. I would be concerned but not worried about it. You should try talking it out with him to see where his stance on the subject is and if you guys can't make a compromise I would recommend a counselor for couples maybe, or even some one close to give you guys advice who knows something on the matter. I woulnd't rush to break up over something like this if you guys have been together for 3 years now, but it is something that should be looked into in my personal opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment