Saturday, February 11, 2012

Can I substitute anything in the Joe's Crab Shack steampots?

I know this sounds like a very silly question, but I'm going there next week and I want to know my options. One of the steampots looks great, but I'm not a fan of clams. I wasn't sure if I'd be able to substitute the clams with something like a different crab, or shrimp.Can I substitute anything in the Joe's Crab Shack steampots?
I doubt it. The cost difference between different seafood items is too big to allow customers to substitute. Clams usually cost less than crabs, so the restaurant would lose money if they substituted it for you (without adjusting the price). Substitutions usually apply to things that cost similar enough for owners not to care. For example, your server will generally agree to give you seasoned fries instead of steamed potatoes, since the cost difference is negligible in that case. If I were you, I'd just get a different steampot, the one without clams.

No comments:

Post a Comment