Wednesday, February 29, 2012

For a job.. TGI Fridays or Joe's Crab Shack? Also some waitressing questions..?

I was interested in bartending but I hear they prefer you to begin as a server. I have no experience in restaurants at all! I need something to make me a descent amount of money in the small amount of time that I'm not in school! So basically I'm thinking I'm going to waitress but before I decide had a few questions since I'm new! First off.. do hostesses make decent money? Haha.. just to make sure... before I choose! Less than servers I assume? And the only thing I'm nervous about are the trays! Will it be hard for me to carry %26amp; balance those? I'm scared! I'm small and not all that strong! And does anyone know what the waitresses dress codes are at these places?

And of course don't forget my first question of which place would be better! Any rants or raves?



Thanks!!For a job.. TGI Fridays or Joe's Crab Shack? Also some waitressing questions..?
yes. you will most likely start out as a server or hostess before you will be a bartender. there are less bartending shifts available than server shifts and there are probably people waiting for a bartending position to become available. because they have been there longer than you they will be considered first. waiterrant.net is a good site to vent and hear other stories. good luck!!!For a job.. TGI Fridays or Joe's Crab Shack? Also some waitressing questions..?
Both are great options!! Fridays is always the local hang out so you will always be busy. Joe's is also a hang out and their menu might be a little more expensive (more tips?!)



Being a hostess is not a bad idea. Hostesses get a percentage of the money that is made that night. A percentage is removed from each server and given to you-so it's not bad. I personally would rather be a server-it's fun too!



Don't worry about not being able to carry stuff-you'll learn quickly. If you can't seem to master it, take as many trips as you need or ask another server for help :) I can guarantee you that you'll drop something everyone does :)



Bartenders make good money but they get the nastier clients when they're drunk! Good luck :)

No comments:

Post a Comment