Wednesday, February 29, 2012

How much do you make in tips as a waitress?

I live in Iowa and want to work at a fairly busy restaurant. I've applied at Famous Dave's, Biaggi's, Rock Bottom, Joe's Crab Shack, Old Chicago, PF Chang's, and a couple others. All of these are pretty busy restaurants in my area. Can anyone share with me how much they made in tips if they worked as a waiter or waitress at any of these restaurants, or even if you worked at a different restaurant? I'm just looking to see if this would be a good job for me and my expenses. Thanks!!How much do you make in tips as a waitress?
Some places each waitress gets to keep her own tips. Some places all the waitresses put all the tips in a container, and share them evenly at the end on the shift/day. Some places split tips with the buss-person who cleans tables, and prepares table for the next guest.



Ask how tips are handled.... ask another waitress before your interview. Ask the person who interviews you. P.S. ~ ask how they handle reporting tips for tax purposes.How much do you make in tips as a waitress?
I work on a bar/waitress and to be honest i've only ever had a couple of tips, and even then we're advised to put them in a container. Most people just sneak them in their pockets though
  • muffler
  • harry potter games online
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment