Saturday, February 11, 2012

Should I work at Joe's Crab Shack or Macy's at the mall?

I'm a college student taking 15 hours this semester.

I'm getting a job not to support myself, but to make extra money to put into savings.



I want to work around 15-20 hours max a week. (mostly evening shifts)



I have two offerings - one from Joe's Crab Shack as a hostess and the other from Macy's department store in sales.



I have never worked in a restaurant before, but I have heard it is a fun atmosphere.



However working at Macy's might be more reliable? (consistent pay)



Which job would you take?Should I work at Joe's Crab Shack or Macy's at the mall?
Macy's. Less likely to get called in to cover for someone that didn't come to work. Easier to relocate and have employment if you change schools or even when you graduate if you still want part time work. Employee discount for now and later...especially if you need a professional wardrobe. Easier to add hours, if you desire, around holiday shopping periods.
If you have been offered a job as hostess, i would think that's consistent pay as well - hostess's don't make tips, do they? I thought they made a straight hourly wage. That is a fun place.



I think Macy's would be better, tho. More room for growth, if you stay for awhile. Plus, you'd get an employee discount, which has to count for something!Should I work at Joe's Crab Shack or Macy's at the mall?
Macy's... Joe's is dumb and you won't make that much $$ especially as a hostess
  • cb radio
  • florida drivers license
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment