Friday, February 17, 2012

Steamer basket like at Joes crab shack questions?

My husband and I thought it would be fun to do a home steamer basket similar to those at Joes Crab shack. We have corn, potatoes, smoked sausage, shrimp and lobster tails. I have old bay seasonings amongst others. Can anyone help me prepare this? how do I layer the basket? and do I need to put some things in first and add the rest later or do it all at once? how long should I cook it? When do I add the seasoning? I want everything to be cooked properly and done at the same time. My steamer basket is stainless steel and fits into a stock pot.Steamer basket like at Joes crab shack questions?
Potatoes and sausage will take the longest, so place them in first and begin the steaming process with your desired herbs. Depending on the size of the potatoes, steam until almost fork tender, add corn for 8 minutes, then the shell fish for another 8 - 12 minutes.

I guess the layering would be in the order that you cook the goods.

I would half some lovely red potatoes and top with fresh parsley, then throw some 1 -2 inches sausage slices on top of the potatoes. steam for 20 minutes (like I said, depends on the size of the potatoes); Add corn on the cob a few minutes before adding shellfish. Shellfish should be well seasoned with old bay and cooked 8-12 minutes depending upon the size. This should be done to near perfection all at the same time.

If not, just explore a little more the next time you do it. It all works ojut after a couple of attempts.Steamer basket like at Joes crab shack questions?
Never had one from Joe's, but I would cook the taters first as they take the longest. I would think cooking the taters with the Old Bay would make a good broth to cook the rest in. I don't even know how long to cook shrimp and lobster in a crock pot.



Try looking up Ochef.com for ideas. There are a lot of questions and answers there.
  • vegetarian times
  • florida drivers license
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment